Frequently Asked Questions About CWA
and Water Billing/Service
1. What are the hours of operation?
Walk-in: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm Monday
Telephone: 8:00 am - 7:00 pm Monday through Friday
You may call us at (800) 793-2323 or (610) 876-8181 between
8:00 am and 7:00 pm Monday through Friday.
Emergency Calls - 24 hours per day.
Our 24-hour phone number is: (610) 876-8181.
Why does Chester Water require a security
In case a customer fails to pay
their water bill.
3. How come my water has been turned off?
The water may not be on due to the fact
that there may be a water main break in your
area or because of non-payment of your water
4. Why is my water bill so high?
There may be a leak. CWA will first
check your account to see the consumption history and a meter serviceman will be scheduled
to inspect your home for possible leaks. You
may be using more water than you think.
The average household uses about 5400 gallons per month, or 180 gallons per day. If your
water consumption seems too high, you can call our Customer Service Department for
5. How do I get my water meter read?
A meter serviceman will be sent to your
home to read your meter. Call Customer Service at (800) 793-2323 or
(610) 876-8181 to arrange to have your meter read.
6. How do I get an Automatic Meter Reading
device (AMR) installed and what will it cost me?
Call Customer Service at
(800) 793-2323 or (610) 876-8181 to arrange for a meter
installer to be sent to your home. There is no cost to
you to have an AMR device installed by CWA.
7. I am a landlord. Have my tenants paid
their water bill?
CWA will notify the landlord if the tenant
has failed to pay their water bill. If the tenant
has not paid their water bill, the
landlord is responsible.
8. I see water bubbling in the street. What
should I do?
There may be a water main leak.
Please call our Customer Service Department and
report any possible leaks.
9. Water is leaking in my basement. What
should I do?
You may have a water service leak. Please
call our Customer Service Department and report any possible leaks.
10. I am having financial difficulties.
Can I make arrangements for a payment plan?
Yes. Call our Customer Service Department
11. I have high/low water pressure. What can I
Call our Customer Service Department.
Someone will be scheduled to visit your home to check this pressure problem.
Return to Top